Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Less than 2 days until surgery!!!!

So here we are, in California, happy to say we made it here safely.  The flight had a lot of turbulence but was good overall.  Davin slept for the first hour then was a little antsy but was better than the last time we flew in August for the Microtia/Atresia Conference.  It was about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour flight. 


We rented a car so we had to take the air tram (aka "train") to go get out rental.  The kids loved riding the "train". 

We got to our hotel, checked in and un packed our luggage.  Our room is very nice, it's a suite so we have a living room area and a separate bedroom. 

The kids are sleeping in the bedroom as I type this and Chris is snoring on the couch in the living room....just like home! :-)  We got a chance to drive around a little bit today, we drove through Stanford University, it is a very pretty campus, only wish we knew where to park so we could've walked around. 

We drove right by the Dr. office that we have to go to for our  pre-op and 2 post-op appointments so we know where we are going.  Tomorrow is his pre-op @ 9:30 a.am. (California time), I'm nervous about tomorrow, I think Davin is supposed to be getting a hearing test, I really hope he cooperates, he doesn't like have them done at home, he gets bored quickly so hopefully it will not be a problem tomorrow.  I heard it's supposed to be about a 2 hour appt. so FUN TIMES, ha, yeah right.  lol

Oh and.....Last night....we stayed at a hotel by the airport last night and went swimming, this will be the last time he gets to swim for awhile, he can't get his ear wet for 8 weeks after surgery....he had a BLAST!!!




1 comment: