Friday, March 11, 2011

Out and about....or not

So after our post-op today we tried to go to San Francisco but the freeway was all backed up, I think it was related to the tsunami warnings.  We turned around and headed to San Jose, to the Children's Museum.  I have heard that this is the best hand's on Children's Museum around, so why not go and let the boys see some cool stuff right?!?! Low key fun....Well we get there and I freaked out, I was so nervous that something was going to happen to Davin, and paranoid of all the parents wondering what was "wrong" with Davin.  Well I was right about the parents, we got tons of bad looks and whispering and stares.  BUT we let them look around for a bit and tried to stay where there were less people, and I sprayed their hands with sanitizer about every 5 minutes lol. They had fun, but we were only there for about an hour because I was so nervous, it was nice just to let them explore and use their imagination for a bit instead of sitting in the hotel room.   I can't get over how good Davin feels, you would never know he had this surgery yesterday. I'm so proud of him!



We then took a walk in the park right by there, and walked by the Guadelupe River. 

Then walked downtown San Jose to find some lunch, Davin fell asleep in the stroller so he didn't eat with us.  We found a Johnny Rocket's, it was yummy!! 
Dustin's ketchup smiley face that the waiter made.

When we were done with lunch we walked back to the car and went back to the hotel.  We hung out here for the rest of the day/night.  We get stir crazy towards the end of the night so we took our nightly walk outside around the hotel, only this time we walked it 4 times, and then around the pool too like usual.

Davin didn't want to go to bed tonight but he fell asleep fast. I wrapped his head with some gauze that I brought from home.  I feel more at ease with it covered during the night.  Hopefully he and I get better sleep tonight. 


1 comment:

  1. looks like you're doing great :-) so glad you got through the surgery with good results!!!

    ReplyDelete