We had our pre-op appointment at 9:30. First off they gave Davin a hearing test. I was worried about this because he gets really bored with hearing tests at home but they did a really great job at keeping him interested, they really know what they are doing. Since he is bi-lateral (both ears with Microtia/Atresia) they can't test each ear individually, but what shows in the tests is that at least one of the ears is functioning. We do know from the CT Scan that both of his ears are a good candidate for restoring hearing but the test just can't decipher between the two, so all we need to do now is get that sound in!! Here is Davin during the hearing test...
Next we met with Dr. Service, he is another Doctor that works with Dr. Roberson. He went through a lot of the surery, which I pretty much already knew from all of the research I had done, he also talked about Davin's CT Scan too. As stated above there is a good chance for a normal range of hearing outcome for both ears, but a better chance for the right. Then the nurse came in and went over some things with us as well. Lastly Dr. Roberson came in and talked to us too. I left there feeling at peace with the next step...surgery tomorrow @ 7:00 a.m!! For those who don't know, this first surgery is to create a right ear canal and ear drum.
Good patient!!
Davin and Dr. Roberson!! He loved him too, kept giving him hugs and putting stickers on his coat.
California Ear Institute
After the pre-op we went into San Francisco and walked around Pier 39, Fisherman's Warf and took a Trolley Ride. It was a great day!!!
We have to go back to get Dustin this, it's all he has been talking about for two days now.
Sea Lions
My little tree huggers
Davin having fun running!!
Trolley Time
I wanted to get photos done of me and Davin before his surgery but we never had any time to do it, so we took some in San Francisco, I love them!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment